They shall be holy to their God and not profane the name of their God, for they offer the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and the bread of their God; therefore they shall be holy. <Leviticus 21:6> The call to spiritual leadership is a great privilege and honor. There were 12 conditions given for the selection of priests:
(1) No man who is blind. You have to be a person of vision and revelation. A leader leads from the front. If you don’t know what God is saying and where He is taking you, you can’t be a leader in the house of the Lord.
(2) No man who is lame. God is holy. If you are not walking uprightly with the Lord, you can’t be His leader.
(3) No man with a flat nose (KJV). In the Bible, the nose symbolizes spiritual discernment. A leader has to be a discerner of people’s hearts (Heb. 5:14).
(4) No man with any limb too long. This speaks of those who are unbalanced in doctrine or those who have added teachings that are not of God. Such people would lead Christians astray.
(5) No man with a broken foot. Proverbs 25:19 talks about an unfaithful man as a person with a broken foot. A leader has to be reliable and trustworthy.
(6) No man with a broken hand. Such a priest can’t carry the vessels of the Lord in the tabernacle. His services would be faulty. A leader must have the ability to serve God well.
(7) No man who is a hunchback. A leader must be able to shoulder burdens. He must have a steely backbone to carry the weight of the ministry.
(8) No man who is a dwarf. Someone who is immature and stunted in his spiritual growth can’t be a leader in God’s house.
(9) No man with a defect in his eye. Jesus talks about being single-eyed (Matt. 6:22, KJV). Being focused and determined to fulfill the vision of the Lord is a leadership qualification.
(10) No man with scurvy (KJV). This person is not properly nourished in his life. A leader has to feed on daily manna from heaven—the Word of God.
(11) No man with a scab. You can’t be a leader if your life is not spotless and without blemish. A leader of God must have proven character and a good reputation.
(12) No man who is a eunuch. A leader in God’s house must have the capacity to produce life and bring forth fruit.
"You are the light of the world.
let your light shine before men,
that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."
God's beloved child
18th November 1985
A new Netbook / Ipad
A Secret desire...hee
Get my degree by 30yr old
Rise up to be connect group leader again